(1) Whosoever has credible information about the planning or the commission of the following offences:
1. preparation of a war of aggression (section 80);
2. high treason under sections 81 to 83 (1);
3. treason or an endangerment of peace under sections 94 to 96, section 97a or section 100;
4. counterfeiting money or securities under section 146, section 151, section 152 or counterfeiting debit cards and blank euro cheque forms under section 152b (1) to (3);
5. murder under specific aggravating circumstances (section 211), murder (section 212), genocide (section 6 of the Code of International Criminal Law), a crime against humanity (section 7 of the Code of International Criminal Law), or a war crime (section 8, section 9, section 10, section 11 or section 12 of the Code of International Criminal Law);
6. an offence against personal liberty in cases under section 232 (3), (4), or (5), section 233 (3), each to the extent it involves a felony, section 234, section 234a, section 239a or section 239b;
7. robbery or blackmail using force or threat to life and limb (sections 249 to 251 or section 255); or
8. offences creating a danger to the public under sections 306 to 306c, section 307 (1)to (3), section 308 (1) to (4), section 309 (1) to (5), section 310, section 313, section 314, section 315 (3), section 315b (3), section 316a or section 316c
at a time when the commission or result can still be averted, and fails to report it in time to the public authorities or the person threatened, shall be liable to imprisonment not exceeding five years or a fine.
(2) Whosoever credibly learns
1. of the commission of an offence under section 89a or
2. of the planning or commission of an offence under section 129a, also in conjunction with section 129b (1), 1st and 2nd sentences,
at a time when the commission can still be averted, and fails to report it promptly to the public authorities, shall incur the same penalty. Section 129b (1) 3rd to 5th sentences shall apply mutatis mutandis in the case of No. 2 above.
(3) Whosoever by gross negligence fails to make a report although he has credible information about the planning or the commission of an unlawful act, shall be liable to imprisonment of not more than one year or a fine.